Reference Section & Links
- Vail Letter, Document limiting a companies ability to perform background checks, www.ftc.gov. Congress fixes Vail letter, the good, the bad, and the ugly. Congress responds
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC),
- The EEOC was established by Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. It enforces the following laws:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII), which prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. 42 USC §2000e, www.eeoc.gov/laws/vii.html.
- Equal Pay Act of 1963, which protects men and women who perform substantially equal work in the same establishment from sex-based wage discrimination. 29 USC §206(d), www.eeoc.gov/laws/epa.html.
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA), which protects individuals who are 40 years of age or older. 29 USC §621, www.eeoc.gov/laws/adea.html.
- Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), which prohibits employment discrimination against qualified individuals with disabilities in the private sector, and in state and local governments. 42 USC §12101, www.eeoc.gov/laws/ada.html.
Contacting Government Agencies
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
1801 L Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20507
Phone: (202) 663-4900
TTY: (202) 663-4494
EEOC Field Offices
To be automatically connected with the nearest EEOC field office, call:
Phone: (800) 669-4000
TTY: (800) 669-6820
Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
Consumer Response Center, CRC-240
Washington, D.C. 20580
Phone: (877) FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
TTY: (866) 653-4261
Though national in scope, data provided by NationsCheck is compiled from multiple public record data sources. NationsCheck makes no claims to the completeness of its database or that data for all states or jurisdictions is included in its current product offerings. NationsCheck takes reasonable measures to update these records as available, but as in all public records, we rely on the completeness and accuracy of each state's records.
Nationwide Background Check | Copyright 2010 NationsCheck Inc.